Audioengine P4 Passive Bookshelf Speakers with Natural Bamboo (Pair)
- In Stock - Ships Fast!
- 17.00 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
Audioengine P4 Premium Passive Bookshelf Speakers with Natural Bamboo Cabinets
A high-performance bookshelf speaker pair with the same great looks and sound as our powered speakers. Experience the signature Audioengine sound and quality but without our built-in amplifiers. Beautiful, small, and affordable, P4N is the perfect choice for your living room, bedroom or office and an ideal surround speaker for use with other Audioengine speakers in your home theater or stereo system.
Why passive speakers?
The P4 series passive speakers are full-sounding bookshelf speakers in a satellite-sized package. The goal with P4 was to design a small but powerful bookshelf speaker for people that already have surround receivers or amplifiers and are looking for the same Audioengine sound and quality in a passive loudspeaker.
Already have an amplifier?
"If you already have an power amp or don't want to give up that big surround receiver then the P4 is for you. The P4 has excellent bass response for its size, which is evident when used either as stereo speakers or as satellite surround speakers in your home theater setup. P4 sounds great sitting on stands, on a bookshelf, or mounted on a wall using the integrated threaded inserts which are compatible with most wall or ceiling mount bracket systems."
Part of the Family
Audioengine active and passive speaker models share a similar "voicing" and overall tuning so that you are assured a matched system no matter which of our speakers or Audioengine wireless adapters you decide to add to your system.
The P4 passive speakers are perfect for digital hybrid amplifiers (Class-D, Class-T, etc.) as well as most stereo receivers, integrated amps, and tube amplifiers. The P4 has a 4 ohm impedance rating but will sound great when connected to almost any receiver or power amp with 4, 6 or 8 ohm speaker output impedance.
Hear the Difference
The Audioengine P4 sets a new level of quality and easy setup. Mount a pair on a wall or stand as surround speakers in a home theater system or place them on a shelf or table for a compact stereo setup. Even if you're not an audio enthusiast we guarantee you will still hear a difference!
- 4" 2-way passive, front ported design
- Hand-built and custom finished cabinets
- 5-way gold-plated binding posts
- Silk dome tweeters and Kevlar woofers
- Excellent performance for music and movies
- Wall mount, stand or shelf placement
- Digital hybrid amplifiers (Class-D, Class-T, etc.)
- Stereo and surround sound receivers, integrated amps, tube amplifiers
- Whole-house music systems such as the Sonos ZonePlayer 120
What's in the box:
(2) P4 Passive Speakers
(2) Drawstring Cloth Speaker Bags
(2) High-density foam isolation pads (attached)
(1) Setup Guide
(1) Product line brochure
The same signature sound of the award-winning P4 wrapped in rock solid and beautifully hand-finished bamboo. Bamboo is an excellent alternative to hardwoods and the dark bamboo used for the Audioengine P4N cabinets is not a stain, but achieved through a specialized heating process. As the wood is pressure heated, the sugar compounds inside the bamboo are "carbonized" which in turn darkens the bamboo to a rich caramel color. Awesome sound, great looks, eco-friendly, and panda-safe.
P4N Eco-friendly features:
- Made from renewable and sustainable solid bamboo - no veneers
- No stains or paint used - naturally "carbonized" finish sealed with hand-rubbed water-based satin polyurethane
Other green facts and features:
- Audioengine products are now 100% lead-free and meet the EU's RoHS initiative
- All speaker cabinet materials use environmentally-friendly binders and resins
- Formaldehyde-free adhesives are used in our cabinet assembly
- All Audioengine products meet ENERGY STAR requirements in standby mode
- Limited use of plastics in our products
- Easy-to-recycle packaging